Case Study : Difficulty bending in the direction of movement
pain in neck joints
strengthen and retrain movement
- Muscle imbalance through body.
- Pain and restricted range of movement in joints of neck and trunk.
- Mobilize tight soft tissue.
- Strengthen weak muscle.
- Mobilize joints.
- Reduce pain and inflammation.
- Retrain movement pattern.
If causative stress is identified and eliminated one or two physiotherapy treatments with a follow-on home exercise program. Should see significant result in two weeks.
Possible other causative stresses
- Poor foot balance.
- Difficulty in fitting saddle or poorly fitting saddle.
- Joint pathology.
- Teeth problems.
- Schooling problems.
- Out of balance rider with or without physical problems.
Return to case study index
©2005 Woollands Equine Re-habilitation Centre, Woollands Farm, Oldhamstocks, Cockburnspath, East Lothian. TD13 5XW